Bismillahirrahmanirraheem in the name of Allah the Most Beneficent Most Merciful,
Most people think that learning using flashcards are irrelevant in this current modern education. In fact, I just came across an article that says, “Throw the flashcards away!” haha….
Believe me, the traditional way is the best way to educate our children. That is what I think.
So, why is it learning the traditional way is the best way? Remember our childhood, we use to play with slippers, rubber band, stones and etc.? My childhood is all about inventing something that I want. If I wanted a doll, my mother would say, “go and make paper dolls”.
This is where creativity comes in.
When it come to flashcards, we have to be more innovative. Not just by flashing the cards in front of them! haha…
Below are examples of games you can play using flashcards:
1. Memory game: Ask our children to remember the cards and close it. It is suitable for any flashcards.
2. Hitting game: Paste the flashcards on a bottle, and ask our children to hit the correct word using a stick.
3. Shooting game: This game requires a toy gun. Paste the flashcards on a bottle, and ask our children to shoot at the correct word.
4. Word Scavenger hunt: Look for WORDS SCAVENGER HUNTING
Guidelines to use flashcards:
- Kids below 3 years old, use big words and less color
- New learner kids, use big words.
I also prepared printable flash cards for Juz ‘Amma for kids. However, only surah Al-Ikhlas available. Insyaallah, I will make further improvement in future 🙂
Happy playing flashcards!